1 January 2016

T-Rex the Fuel Tank Junior





Time to start the year with filling the "My Reviews" tab that's been underutilized since I don't know when.Mind you I'm no expert neither officially appointed to do so but what's the harm of having try to do it? right? Should I putting stars rating then like its done in magazines? Well I like to but haven't decided on the criteria yet.I like to avoid giving/cutting stars on tones and price because the two are subjective matters to some/most but I can't deny I and most client I work with are in the less on community.Would like to serve some good guide to those alike even if there's only one person out there.Note also I might be reviewing not newest in the market product but bought/used product which reflects a realistic opinion.Well I hope.


So we arrive to this product by T-Rex engineering product.Now 20/30 years ago people don't bother about pedal power supply as they do today.One of the reason I think the component used those days had high current tolerance.I'm not saying they're indestructible,they do break down,just not right out of the box like most I've seen today.Even with the most high degree of ignorance old pedals will make it to its 5th or 10th anniversary before it gave the ghost.By then your pedal has been discontinued.You will have to find a replacement,preferably from the same era or little younger with the same chips or transistors.Germanium not silicon please.Does it come with the manual? Does it still have the box? Do you still keep the old receipt?.Well how about I give you the actual invoice,tax records,mails,our company license copies too? For a few hundred dollars more I'll throw in the magazines that featured it.Deal?

The Pedal Tank Junior built is compact to begin with,its 120mA current per outlet is safe and suitable for low current guzzling pedals.You can daisy chain it too from just one outlet but if you find one or two of your pedals not turning on just use one of any four available outlet to power them separately.Good ei?


Construction wise very clean from where I saw it,I did want to take it out to the bare PCB but the DC connectors seems tight and I was in the midst of patching it to pedals on my client's pedal train.The client was present so quick,quick hurry up yustech!

The inclusion of voltage selector and fuse are always a good thing should one move from country to country.Don't forget to match the fuse rating to the local AC voltage ya.Increase AC,decrease fuse rating.vise versa e.g. 110AC 100mA fuse,250AC 50mA.

Bottom line,Is it safe? Yes! Too safe I think!.Is it cheap? No its not,maybe sometime! Is it important? Absolutely if you care about your pedals.Are there others like this? Of course I think. Should we buy this? No comment!Bye!


Thank you
yustech

2 comments:

Ijau D. Koceng said...

still daisy-chaining my (4-5) pedals, powered by boss PSA

YusTech said...

BOSS is the boss